Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Small oil leak in return line to tigerloop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

user123

New to oil heating and have a quick question that I would appreciate some thoughts on. Moved in to a house with oil heating a few months ago. Got the oil tank topped up recently and went looking for leaks to be on the safe side. After about a week noticed that the return line to the tiger loop looked wet. Turned out that the compression fitting to the TL and a 90 degree elbow joint appear to be leaking very slightly (so three places in total on the return side). This seems odd, that it has leaked in more than one place at the same time. The tigerloop only has oil in the lower chamber as intended, there is no bubbling or foaming etc. Is it possible that a blockage in the return line could have caused this. Does anyone know what level of pressure would normally be experienced in the return line to a de-aerator? The fittings look like they are standard compression fittings rather than flared, as far as I can tell. Obviously I do not know if inserts were used. what's the most likely probability in anybody's experience at dealing with these. Is it likely that its just bad joints that have started to leak, or back pressure in the line from a blockage, or a potential problem with the TL. Just looking for a few ideas rather than just tightening all the joints in the hope that will stop the leaks! Hopefully a picture is attached. Thanks

Could have made the joints without using pipe inserts.

Get a pro in to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Small oil leak in return line to tigerloop in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m replacing my single skin plastic oil tank with a new bunded oil tank. I’m going to replace the single 10mm pvc covered oil pipe too, so to...
Replies
Views
Hi, can anyone tell me which pipes are flow and return please. I removed old leaking 2008 C26 firebird oil boiler in June . We have now...
Replies
Views
Our boiler is in the loft and I encountered a leak in a roof above our side extension store room which has transpired to be from the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, i hope somebody can help me, i seem to have a leak from my GreeStar 30si boiler, it looks like it coming from the Siphon container, from the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock