Discuss soil issue - should i just use a flexi ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

k13wjd

right, bit of a pain here.

new bathroom, toilet is backet onto a unit.

just take a look at the photo's for a idea. i do have a tiny leak, soil water leaks from the seal at the 90 degree bend. for reference, the setup IS. PAN>straight connector>extension peice>90 degree bend>extension peice>soil stack.

should i just throw these all away, and use a single flexi. it seemed a good idea at the time, and seemed to fit well, fitting the toilet to the unit is a pain with a soil pipe sticking out - and of course it becomes impossible to see the fitting that seals to the toilet.

i know there are flexi's out there which come with a nice big hose clip for the WC, and would be long enough to do the job.

i also have the issue of "angle of dangle" in that the output of the wc is already higher than the soil stack input. it'll be worse when its tiled !!! a FLEXI would overcome all of these issues in one foul swoop....sorry for the pun

SANY1123.JPG

SANY1124.JPG

SANY1125.JPG

SANY1126.JPG

SANY1127.JPG

SANY1128.JPG

SANY1129.JPG

Thats not a 90 bend its a 90 pan connector its all wrong !
Extend the soil pipe then get a proper swept bend to another short piece of soil and then the straight pan connector clip it all at the correct distance and push back the pan .
Flexis dont like going round bends

thought as much, i wasn't 100% sure of the look of a extension pipe into the branch from a soil stack...

there is an issue with the angle of the pan, due to the outlet of the WC being higher than the inlet to the soil stack, i presume an off-set pan connector would overcome this nicely ??

An offset would work or better an angled one to fit nicely in the new section of soil pipe you are installing;)

there is an issue with the angle of the pan, due to the outlet of the WC being higher than the inlet to the soil stack, i presume an off-set pan connector would overcome this nicely ??

It should be like that because is should have a run.

Follow Toddy's advice and rip it out and do it right.

Btw what is that stuff slaggered around the strap on?

plumbers mait or similar -likely to be 10+ years old - waste pipe from sink.

wasn't me, i promise !!!! thought, its never leaked !!!!

i'll go grab some soil stack components in the morning, got some cls timber lying about to make up some nice supports.

RE the comment about pan being higher. what i meant was that the angle had to be taken up somewhere, and i didnt want that to be by having a seal strained at a funny angle, thats all.

it wasnt tasty when i took it apart to find a huge turd lying in the bottom of one of the connectors....FAIL !

tell you what, i'll take photo's of me re-doing it.....need to solder a pipe anyhow ( again, previous poor plumbing )

i'll be back in a few hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
I,ve used them for years never had a problem once , if fitted correctly ;):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to soil issue - should i just use a flexi ??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock