Discuss Termination into boundary . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stani

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I've just been to look at a new property for our clients, our existing boiler an old Worcester combi, terminates right onto the boundary between next door, when the appliance was installed next doors wall were 3 metres away, however they have had an extension built, which now drops the boundary space to exactly 1 metre.
my cause for concern is the fact they have put a new back door directly opposite our terminal, it is now 1 metre from the terminal, surely building control should have highlighted this to the neighbours prior to building, I am trying to find any legislation to help. TB 016 seems to be they only document unless any body can help!

the building work is still ongoing.

Not the neighbours problem. The boiler should have been installed as though there was a structure on the boundary line. Your boiler has been wrong from day one.

That's actually how I read it, just not sure what options I have, boiler is a non condense, and I think 15ish years old, was legislation applicable then?

Boundary rules haven't changed much for as long as I can mind, apart from the new rules on plumes. I think it was 1.5m pointing toward a boundary, I can't quite remember.

It sounds like that back door opens into your garden lol!

Yeah old boiler is wrong you can't say sorry sir you can't build a extension on your own property as my boiler flue is there first

If the boilers 15yo then they"ve had there moneys worth.I would talk them into a new bolier with plume kit.

Last edited:
It's more the problem the back door is directly opposite, surely architect/building inspector should have picked this up.

You check MI's?
Of top of head some boilers can be 600mm to boundary wall as per MI's. If neighbour wants put door opposite then they are in wrong in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Termination into boundary . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am new to this forum and would highly appreciate if someone could provide a guidance pls. Ours is a semi detached property with bungalow...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have noticed for a while now that when our washing machine nears the end of a cycle we get a bad smell of dirty water in the downstairs...
Replies
Views
P
Im aware of the regulations that say you can not position a flue on a boundary wall if this blows into your neighbours garden, but does this still...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm due to start building a new side extension on a 3 bed semi, it's across the driveway up to the boundary. We're adding a downstairs...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock