Discuss The radiator doesn't heat after i've added a plastic pipe to it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that if the system is a weak one - adding an extra radiator can result with a cold radiator etc

But our boiler is a strong one - and has two big tanks next to it (forgot the name) - and i really don't think the 15 meters i added will make any changes to the system

That pipework is a disgrace even for a DIY job.

Get someone who knows what their doing instead of messing about with stuff U clearly don't understand

Lmao.

Will never work

Rads have an hydraulic resistance that will not be overcome and the length of 15mm under the floor will sap alot of heat. The floor isn't insulated.

Reconnect the rad back up. Rip up the laminate. And fit electric ufh. For starters. If you do get this to work. 80'C water will deffo hurt your little pinkies when you walk over it

I'll try to a system balancing - if that wont work , i will remove the radiator and connect the pipe directly - as is more likely to work with pipe only - than together

of course you are right

i will consider to put everything back like it was ...

What will happen if instead of the underfloor pipe - i will add an extra radiator - exactly the way i connected the pipe ?!

that would be better to add another rad, to flow and return. but again if you change a system likely you need to re balance

Heats the floor ok guys :) thanks for your advice

But i will remove the pipes - and stick with the radiator only - as don't want to return home one day - and find the ground floor flooded :)

I just wanted to do something - to amaze myself - but failed :13:

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The radiator doesn't heat after i've added a plastic pipe to it in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although...
Replies
Views
L
Hello Please could I have some advice. I recently had an new air source pump and hot water tank system installed. The pipes to the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock