Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss This is what we are up against. !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

P J F PLUMBING

image.jpgMakes me angry

Looks like a man trying to provide for his family. Good luck to him.

Param Singh seems a nice bird too.

It's the tight arses who employ them that do my head in. Like in those dumb bum programmes like cowboy builders. " he was five grand cheaper than anyone else" and they wonder why they get a crap job!

It's the tight arses who employ them that do my head in. Like in those dumb bum programmes like cowboy builders. " he was five grand cheaper than anyone else" and they wonder why they get a crap job!

Yeah but they end up getting the crap they're left with done for FREE! Clever people!

On a serious note, does anyone have the number for this bloke as I have some rubbish that needs shifting???
Would do it myself but I don't have a waste carriers licence

Its just an average joe tryin to make a pound as theyre not lucky enough to have training

I can see p j f,s point though, it's a proper wind up when you get beaten by a partially qualified bloke doing it on the cheap.

I can see p j f,s point though, it's a proper wind up when you get beaten by a partially qualified bloke doing it on the cheap.

Unless its gas work, or something else illegal, its not worth getting upset about. If I got upset everytime someone bought materials or tools off ebay, my blood pressure would be through the roof. I could make exactly the same arguments - I bet they aren't paying business rates, liability insurance and all the other overheads a properly constituted business has.

Look at it another way. Here's a guy trying to pay his own way in the world. Hes not to proud to do anything to pay his bills. He could decide to sit on his bum watching Jeremy Kyle all day, and then we get to pay for his entire existence through our taxes. I know which I prefer.

PS - just as an aside, I just signed a cheque for £3,000 for one of the two licences that we need in order to play radios in the warehouse. FFS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ffs, three grand to play a radio! Wouldn't it be cheaper to get them sky plus?

be cheaper to buy them all ear phones for their iphones :), your too honest ray, PRS are a pain in the bum. turned up in my BnB once, as i was listening to radio 2 and cleaning the bar and demanded i have their licence as it was in a public area, so told him to piiiissss off as there werent any members of the public there when i played it apart from him then!! Got loads of threatening letters there after till i got the nephew to write to them about harassment and demanded damages for some ridiculous sum and extortionate fees for him.

I see your point but as said he's doing anything he can to earn a pound.
I'd like to think a bigger job or a more complicated one he would step away from and reccommend someone like us.
Took a job over last year, bungalow turned into a chalet' bungalow so plumbing to restart with ufh upstairs, he'd recently done some plumbing course and made a right hash of it and realised it was to much with the builder pushing him so abandoned job, know your limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to This is what we are up against. !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

With a toilet fit to a concealed cistern vanity were the front panel slides up if you need access it at later date and fitting Is it advisable to...
Replies
Views
We moved into a house with a gas Aga (I think converted from oil). The extraction pipe is fitted against and runs through an external wall, then...
Replies
Views
G
The toilets both have a piece of wood between the cistern and the wall.I cannot find an outlet pipe which will let me push the cistern against...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock