Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tool to make exisitng hole in stack bigger. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

Boss phoned me today and he asked me to take him a 25mm hole cutter to put in an adaptor to the stack but i was miles away and not finished on my job so when i did get there he said he doesn't need it as he had used another tool to do it.

It was an exisiting hole that he had to make bigger.

It sounded unusual and he didn't know what it was called, he found it on a job. Sounds like it was a cone shaped tool with 2 'spikes' (for want of a better word) on it. I assume he used it in a drill.

I didn't get a chance to see it unfortunately, i forgot as we had more important things to worry about.

Anyway apologies for the ambiguous post but any ideas of what this could be I would be grateful as it sounds like a handy tool to have.

If not can anyone tell me a tool that would do the same job please lol.

Not a file or rasp :p

30591.jpg

For use on soft materials and vibrate in your hand like hell unless you get the speed & applied pressure just right.

Depends what your drilling but tray there alright for the limited use they get.

so long as you don't get fancy clip in hole saws you can double them up if you've miss drilled a whole. So if you use a standard arbor where the holes aw threads on put your bigger size on first then the size you've just drilled inside that and use that as your pilot bit.

or if you've a strong grip and you can afford to risk leaving a scratch get the size holesaw you want and get the drill spinning and roll it into position using the shape of the existing hole as either your top or bottom of the new hole. Be warned though that is a rough way of doing it and you will slip at least once

Not exactly the H&S way of doing it but you can guide a hole saw in with a gloved hand on the right hand edge of the saw (it will rotate into your glove which keeps it in place). Make sure your hand is well behind the teeth though or it might hurt!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tool to make exisitng hole in stack bigger. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We've got a toilet that's been leaking due to a faulty seal with the pan connector. We've had a plumber in to replace the pan connector...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock