Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Unvented Hot water Cylinder query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JPC

Hoping someone can answer my query - new to this forum.

Currently quoting for an unvented cylinder. No central heating in house at present - to be installed at a future date. Any problems with fitting an indirect cylinder with the central heating to be connected at a later date?
would appreciate your thoughts.

No problem at all. The unused coil or coils can be left open.
Just make sure you get the correct size & type for anything later - solar will need a solar type.

Cheers for that - could not think of a problem if I left it open , but never done it before. Thanks.

Cheers for that - could not think of a problem if I left it open , but never done it before. Thanks.
I left a cylinder finished but with a unconnected coil on a Friday. The owner & his family didn't use immersion, so no hot water all weekend, because they saw the " open pipes " so thought cylinder was empty! Best to tell customer! :grin:

Fitted mine like this, 2 years later fitted my central heating, no problems 10 years later all still working well.

Thanks MickJ - that's probably the scenario for this job re timescale. Reassuring to know.

I got called out to a immersion change on a direct cylinder , some one had fitted a indirect cylinder instead,, the whole building was electric , no gas . Waste of a coil

I got called out to a immersion change on a direct cylinder , some one had fitted a indirect cylinder instead,, the whole building was electric , no gas . Waste of a coil

Strange as this might seem, but sometimes a direct cylinder was dearer, or similar to price of an identical indirect! Excuse was that indirects are mass produced!
So you got a lot more copper. If any chance of the coil being needed for later, then an indirect might as well be fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Hot water Cylinder query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Later this year I am going away for a 2 week holiday and as the weather will be warm there is no need for the heating to be on and arguably...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock