Discuss Water lying in base of shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gordmar

Whilst checking drain hole in shower tray, I noticed that there is a good few inches of water lying in the base.
Excuse my ignorance, but is this normal or should this water have drained away.
Any advice would be appreciated.

lying in the shower tray, drained away.

lying in the trap exactly as it should be it stops smells coming back up.

yep thats the whole reason for a trap to stop the smells from the sewage system coming up as gas is lighter than water

and its a couple of inches as water evaporates!

sleep easy tonight

yep thats the whole reason for a trap to stop the smells from the sewage system coming up as gas is lighter than water

and its a couple of inches as water evaporates!

sleep easy tonight

Thanks very much, mind eased a bit now

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water lying in base of shower tray in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
Void under shower former My recently installed solid resin shower tray / wet room former has around 4mm flex across a dinner plate sized area in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock