Discuss What are these? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Found these in a box of bits, 1/2" compression couplers but what for? Old underground stuff? To keep or lob in with the scrap?
Cheers ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377118718.891568.jpg

They are Viking couplings. Handy as they can be used on different types pf pipe and they have no pipe stop so can be used as a slip socket.

Hi Bunker,
If they are the only 2 you've got, keep them.
Law of averages... if you scrap them the next day you will need them.
We call them 'repair couplings' they come in useful when required.
So keep them!

I'd call it a "viking johnson" coupling, but I think our official computer description is "flexible coupling" which is a bit of a joke since the things are as solid as a rock, and about as flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are these? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have seen people speaking of this and others not understanding. I have a leak in my pipe coming from the main. Attaching a new 1/2" coupling to...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just had my 15year old Grundfos UPS 15 50 replaced with an Alpha 1 and the Alpha 1 seems quite a bit noisier than the the old one, I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys What's best reasonable priced fsb please? 3 bedroom terrace hive, upto 10 radiators. Have a old potterton at the moment and is driving...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock