Discuss What spanners/grips you use for chrome rad valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nerrad Bilateral Wrench or knipex smooth jaw

Usually just use either my hand or adjustables , usually tighten valve onto pipe crush olive undo and tighten onto tail, undo then add joining compound and tighten up, but I do have one of these although rarely used as I forget about it, http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/$(KGrHqZHJFME92Bd,KnpBP6wkK,wTQ~~60_35.JPG

I highly recommend the Knipex smooth jaw wrench.
The jaws are parallel opening, but most importantly is they keep tightening against the nut as you use pressure on the handles. Excellent for chromed valves and the brass tap glands.
It was Jaytheplumber who on this forum I think first let me know about it

This is one I got, 250mm model, but you need to choose the right size for your jobs, or buy a set. They are a bit bulky at the jaw end, although are also fairly slim there.
image.jpg

Last edited:
If I can't see where my footie gripped the nut I wouldn't know it was tight. With taps I'm more careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What spanners/grips you use for chrome rad valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a gate valve that shuts water off to outside hose bib, and it leaks through the valve stem when open. The valve was installed 25 years ago...
Replies
Views
My kitchen radiator is filling with hot water despite my TRV being set to 0. It's blazing at maximum. This goes for the rad when I try two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, My first post so be gentle! I want to get this rad and the TRV will be sticking out as per this picture: I'll be replacing this with...
Replies
Views
Evening all First off a big hello from a sparky to all you fellow Plumbers/Gas Engineers out there. I'm not here to say who's better than who...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock