Discuss What type of joint on this Ikea waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

They are too small for compression, too bulky for solvent weld so ask yourself Whats left! I fear you are heading for trouble if you disconnect and reconnect those joints after 14yrs.
You sure you want to take this job on?
No I’m not!!
My sister in law is on her own and it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve started a job to help her and then think ‘ why did I start this’

Probably better to renew the waste, Ikea don't seem to fit anything and a ribbed waste pipe on a kitchen, asking for trouble. She is lucky it has not blocked up in the past. Looks like the washing machine waste has tipped over too. If you are not confident in plumbing leave it to the experts. Could really do with a sort out.

Reply to What type of joint on this Ikea waste pipe in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside...
Replies
Views
Looking to see what iron pipe part can fit a 10mm ball joint? In this pic there is a part that connects the ball joint (or whatever they are...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock