Discuss £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good work. Try sugar free polos for sweets I used them when I went on a diet worked a treat to stop hunger

Don't eat too many sugar free mints. Some of them can have a laxative effect. I stuffed my way through a couple of tins of super strong mints a few years back and spent the next day on the toilet.

Don't eat too many sugar free mints. Some of them can have a laxative effect. I stuffed my way through a couple of tins of super strong mints a few years back and spent the next day on the toilet.

There's definitely a theme to most of your posts......

Now I'm starting to feel jealous, 43 years contributing taxes and killing myself at the same time (double negative), not too bad now I'm down to 40 a day (well most days).

Good work. Try sugar free polos for sweets I used them when I went on a diet worked a treat to stop hunger
Be careful all that artificial sweetener can give you the trots lol and that doesn't mean horse burgers

Just seen this after I posted - not just me then !!!!

Good luck and fight the good fight, if I did it so can you. Now its just the gambling, drinking and womanising I have to stop.

11 days for me as of today (Friday), with a bit of a hiccup on Saturday night while out on the tiles, had a few ciggies off a friend. I'm great at giving up smoking, I've done it dozens of times...
I absolutely can't smoke for the forseeable future though, I have some dental work due where the success rate is halved if I smoke.
Good luck to all you guys who are giving up, it's very warming to know a few of us are going through it.
I totally crave good food and beer now though, replaced the ciggies with flavour and alcohol, I'm likely to be a fat alcoholic before the summer gets here ;)

I've got 6 cigarettes left and this thread has given me the will to have a go at quitting.

Well done to all those giving up! I've witnessed two grandparents die a slow painful death from lung cancer, hope I never lose a loved one in that way again.

My fake **** gift box is still in the hallway taunting me every morning. Just one more day.... It's stressful at the moment!

This is where I'm at now. I've found it quite easy to be honest and I use the electric *** less and less each day :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 41
My fake **** gift box is still in the hallway taunting me every morning. Just one more day.... It's stressful at the moment!

Its a brilliant bit if kit mate. I'd set yourself a stop date and just go for it.

I still want a *** every now and then, but when I think about how far I've come then it puts me off wanting one.

This is where I'm at now. I've found it quite easy to be honest and I use the electric *** less and less each day :)

That looks like the lists that my dad writes out every time he sees me smoke! You could've bought a villa in Spain by now if you'd never smoked!

lets hope you have the same six next week

They were gone that night and the missus 'kindly' brought me a new pack in the next day. I'm still going to give it a shot now that I know other people that I know (kind of) will be going through the same thing like withdrawels. I'm really clean living except for these evil cancer sticks. Makes me angry towards the manufacturer's to be honest because they add thousands of chemicals to keep you addicted.

Partly my fault for starting but to prey on people's addictions is pure evil.

That looks like the lists that my dad writes out every time he sees me smoke! You could've bought a villa in Spain by now if you'd never smoked!

Im looking at it in the same vain. My mortgage looks like its going to be between 650/750 a month depending on what I buy. If I don't smoke ill be saving roughly 220 quid a month on ****, plus all the other money ill save not buying all the other junk you do when you go in for **** like fizzy pop and sweets. I reckon I'll be saving nearer 300 quid a month. And that's a hefty chunk of my mortgage.

I think it's three weeks this weekend. I'm not really counting anymore, still get the urges but I've gone to long without to go back.

15 days for me now, how's everyone else doing?
I had the first part of my dental surgery on Monday (bone graft - ouch) so I absolutely can't smoke, doesn't stop the odd urge though...
you having implants ?

I gave up the **** on Tuesday. Bought an e-lites starter kit and its going well.

Hardly using the e-cig tbh, used it 3 times yesterday and not really having a full **** worth.

No, not yet. Forgot to put my patch on today. Absolute bloody murder , but still haven't relented yet.

Awesome Leo. That is great. The 2 of you are both succeeding. Do you feel like you have a bit of a rivalry going? Would make it a bit more fun I think

I'm chomping away at the nieces and nephews' easter eggs, ran out of ciggies a few hours ago.

View attachment 11470
It's getting pretty easy now, even had 2 smoke free nights on the **** (tonight being one)
How are you guys doing?

When you have Been on the ale and not smoked that's when you know you have cracked it! Once you have experienced every situation in life you associate smoking and get through it your there. Like last year on holiday, first time round a pool without them, I'd been of them over a year by then and as soon as I got round that pool, boom cravings kicked in like I'd only give up yesterday, lasted for 2 days then I was fine

I gave up the cancer sticks in my 30's and because of this had this uncontrollable urge to have sex. Come to think of it, I had that urge while on the **** too.

Well done to you guys for giving up and sticking with it. Your lungs should benefit, not the UK treasury.

I gave up the cancer sticks in my 30's and because of this had this uncontrollable urge to have sex. Come to think of it, I had that urge while on the **** too.

Well done to you guys for giving up and sticking with it. Your lungs should benefit, not the UK treasury.

Or the proposed Scottish one.

This is where I'm at now. It's been quite easy and I hardly use the electric *** when at home and less and less each day in the van. I haven't been out in the lash yet, but I think I'll be able to do it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 39
I have a confession to make. I has a cigar yesterday, it was lovely. Sat in one if my really good customers garden. Shame on me.

When you have Been on the ale and not smoked that's when you know you have cracked it! Once you have experienced every situation in life you associate smoking and get through it your there. Like last year on holiday, first time round a pool without them, I'd been of them over a year by then and as soon as I got round that pool, boom cravings kicked in like I'd only give up yesterday, lasted for 2 days then I was fine

Truest statement ever, everyone will realise this in good time.
i gave up a whole ago now and there's still times that make you think of it. I totally agree with the first time around the pool. Killed me in August. Also things like seeing old friends, sitting in my van outside old jobs.

Just control yourself when you're on the lash, when all your mates head for the smoking area just stay inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to £54.80 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
Back