Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Advice on underfloor heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derryk

Hello, can anyone advise an amateur.
I have underfloor heating (hot water from combi through plastic pipes) on 2 floors of a 3 floor semi + 4 rads.
combi pump died, BG fitted new and advised fitting a magnatech 2. I've searched spirotech.co and found they now do a mark 3 model. So ok i can fit this (it's only a bit of pipe to cut).
My questions are :
After i drain down and fit the filter how much cleaner and then inhibitor should i add ?
how long should i run the cleaner liquid before draining and filling ?
Is there anything else i should be doing ?

thanks derryk

Hi, you should go your local plumbers merchant and look at the manufacture instructions on the back of the inhibitor bottle itself.

hope this was helpful.

thanks

Hi derryk :) :welcome:

I've never messed with UFH but believe adding any air when draining can cause serious problems regards air locks? Get yourself a second opinion regards needing cleaning out before going the the extreme's you're describing in my opinion :)

I know this will look like an advert but it is not. I have an UFh system to fit next week and I have just taken delivery of the materials. The system has been designed by Uponor. Alongside the materials they have supplied the most comprehensive installation manual I have ever seen regarding the fitting of the system. It shows everything in minute detail, even the complete wiring diagrams for the different systems.
My point here is that anybody who is unsure of fitting UFh they should visit the Uponor website and get a hold of their Technical manual. It will even be of use to you if you are fitting any other brand of UHF as it covers all the basics.
As I said I know this will look like an advert but I am just very impressed with the quality of the manual and I think everybody that is interested in fitting Ufh should have a look it.

A can of F1 Express does 100litres or 80m2 of underfloor. have a measure of the floor space covered by underfloor ie if the room is 4x5 youve got 20m2 etc. I would give yourself 8 litres per rad (including pipework supplying) too and add the two together.

A can of F1 Express does 100litres or 80m2 of underfloor. have a measure of the floor space covered by underfloor ie if the room is 4x5 youve got 20m2 etc. I would give yourself 8 litres per rad (including pipework supplying) too and add the two together.
What size of U/F pipe are you basing this Metre square figure upon 15 or 18mm & what pipe centre's ?

Easy there young whippersnapper, Im not basing my theory on anything other than the manufacturers recommendation. Merely repeating what it said on the can in my van.

However seeing as I love reasoning with you young pups. Uponor recommend 100mm centres for 15mm pipe so 1 meter squared would contain 10 meters of pipe (Uponor install instructions) 15mm Uponor pipe holds 0.13 litres of water so 1.3 litres per 1m2. Therein 80m2 x 1.3 = 104 litres of water.

Easy there young whippersnapper, Im not basing my theory on anything other than the manufacturers recommendation. Merely repeating what it said on the can in my van.

However seeing as I love reasoning with you young pups. Uponor recommend 100mm centres for 15mm pipe so 1 meter squared would contain 10 meters of pipe (Uponor install instructions) 15mm Uponor pipe holds 0.13 litres of water so 1.3 litres per 1m2. Therein 80m2 x 1.3 = 104 litres of water.
Well Done you old PRO !!!! My point, dangerous just to look at backs of cans. Still at least you old boys read fing's, us pups don't know how, just ask questions on ear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Advice on underfloor heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock