Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Any tips for side-fixing WC pan kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
This type:

WB5N250.jpg

Fixing it to wooden floorboards. Seems to be wobbly no matter what.

Last edited:
I hate this kind, you can never get a tight grip. Not so bad on back to the wall pans as you can silicone all the way round.

Nowmal toilets I seat then on a bed of silicone, when that sets it okay.

Never had any problem with them You need to use a tape measure under the pan guys and get a good tight fit. the screws will take care of the rest. Nice neat bead of clear silicone around the base of the pan keeps it nice and neat. Nice tidy job.

i agree as long as you measure properly they are a good fixing,never had any problems

I measure most of the time. Other times, I've carefully lowered pan over fixings so they slide, then carefully lifted the pan, marked around them then screwed into floor.

Always work for me mate. Do you secure the cistern and ensure the pan is level on the floor with packers if necessary?

I also use a socket on my impact driver to secure to floor if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it to fix fine today. Think it was the floor. Dodgy, slightly buckled lino. They were changing the floor anyway so I just ripped off the part where the loo was going and this time it was sorted.

Having said that though, still an annoying type of fixing. What's wrong with the ol' method?

They are a real pain if one side of the pan is too close to the wall and you cant get a decent driver on it. I fitted loads of these type with a stubby screwdriver, terrible job!

last bog i fitted was like that, wobbled even tho the screw fixings were tight. i was doubting myself and took the bog out thinking that the fixings to the floor had loosened (rotting wood etc) but only found that they were still solidly fixed too.

after much head scratching and pondering i eventually put it down to the holes in the w/c base side not being centred. they were actually two thirds towards the rear of the side which gives a bit of leverage.

anyway while bog was out i shaved of a bit of length from the soil pipe and cistern now sits flush with wall and the lever effect has been made redundant,

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any tips for side-fixing WC pan kit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock