Discuss ball valve change loft water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hanban8

Hi,

My overflow has been constantly going from the loft cold water tank. On looking the ball valve was very old and had been bent and tied and all sorts and it was leaking. I think it was a part one valve.

I have tried replacing it with a part 2 valve. I have it in place and tightened. My loft tank has a lip at the top and the white tap part of the valve is making the water spill over the side of the lip.

Is it possible that a part 2 valve won't fit my tank? or do i need to adjust it or get someone in to help?

Thanks any advice much appreciated (tried to attach a few pics)
Hannah

Attachments

• plumb2.JPG
    plumb2.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 61
  • plumb3.JPG
    plumb3.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 62
  • plumb4.jpg
    plumb4.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 59
  • plumb5.JPG
    plumb5.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 58
  • plumb6.jpg
    plumb6.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 60
Would it be possible, by using some appropriately sized washers, to space the valve further into the tank so that the white outlet could be swivelled away from the tank rim? If not, I fear that you will need to replace the valve with one that fits better.

Weren't there two plastic nuts that moved along the thread and would allow u to move the valve body in closer? It's possibly / defo contravention of regs but just heat some hose pipe over end of spout and cut hose so it sits on the tank by 50mm but the end of the hose is at least 3" above water line. Tank looks a mess. Any rats or dead pigeons?

Beta float valves used to do one with a longer tail not sure who stocks them though......regards Turnpin:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to ball valve change loft water tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just recently noticed the overflow has started pouring water out, there are three tanks in the loft and I'm quite sure this is from the...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to replace the 3 way vale on my open heating system. Hoping someone can advise. In the picture, to isolate the valve I am going to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock