Discuss broken air vent in rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beano

Hi all. Just new to this site
Was wondering is there any way of fixing a broken air vent in a radiator . can you buy a kit or anything? The vent is quite small at the back of the radiator. thanks

New radiator.

By the time you take the radiator out, drill it out, manage to get the last of the bleed vent and try to clean the threads up only to realise the spare gets stuck or doesnt fit.

youve wasted a load of time and money.
better to get a nice sniney new one and fit it

Best option is dont bother - unless your really unlucky the air in this rad will get pumped around to another radiator which you can vent Centralheatking :96:

Last edited by a moderator:
Use to drill and re-tap rad vents on myson rads to save money when I use to work for BGas ... ones on the side. However I totally agree with above... Not worth the effort unless you're skint!! :)

Funnily enough, I've got one of these booked in for Wednesday.

Rad off, lay it flat, sharp tap with centre punch, 3mm hole and an easy-out. Job's a good 'un...

Funnily enough, I've got one of these booked in for Wednesday.

Rad off, lay it flat, sharp tap with centre punch, 3mm hole and an easy-out. Job's a good 'un...

and good luck from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to broken air vent in rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I noticed this winter my living room rad only get hot in the top half. Radiator is 1600mm(DP SC) double panel single convector. System...
Replies
Views
Hello all, The kitchen sink in the property we are renting drains really slowly, and I was hoping to remedy or alleviate this with some educated...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock