Search the forum,

Discuss Burst Pipe Season! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest123

The Met office are forecasting a long and very cold winter over December and January.

Stock up on your kit now while demand is normal. Compression fittings, usually make a good and quick repair. Don't forget those imperial compression rings too and lots of foam insulation in various sizes.

The Met office are forecasting a long and very cold winter over December and January.

Stock up on your kit now while demand is normal. Compression fittings, usually make a good and quick repair. Don't forget those imperial compression rings too and lots of foam insulation in various sizes.

You keep tellin' em System!

(Your commision cheque is on the way)

Open season for flexies methinks
Bathroom I'm installing just now has 6 bar of working pressure, and that's the hot water system. Imagine relying on a flexible hose to last long term on that.

Bathroom I'm installing just now has 6 bar of working pressure, and that's the hot water system. Imagine relying on a flexible hose to last long term on that.

eh?

wheres the property, the bottom of laggan dam?

Now that would give a real power shower .....
It does, body jets and drench head shower working the best I've ever installed.. I had to fit PRV's at the basin to stop the tap water splashing over the front.

Agreed, also stock up on slip couplings an absolute life saver if your in tight squeeze with no play on the pipe.
Whilst were at it get some snow grips for your boots coz your not paying the bills if your in A & E !!

on frozen pipes you cant beat the old socket former but to be honest we dont see that many bursts nowdays in london dry lofts due to combis virtually every where has heating and better insulation everywhere .just the occasional outside tap blown off

even if it snows and freezes down here after a couple of days it's all gone

I need the cold weather to wait, and if the met office says cold then it probably won't be.

and lots of foam insulation in various sizes.

what? and miss out on repeat business next year.....not on your nellie!!!!:38:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Burst Pipe Season! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've only just registered on this forum and hope there is someone out there that can help. I've just dismantled an old kitchen in our house ready for a new one to be installed. In the process, i unearthed a stopcock connected to the incoming water supply pipe which comes up in the middle of...
Replies
Views
So you just bought or moved into the house, switched on the heating, and only some radiators are completely hot, while others are lukewarm with coldspots in the middle, and the gas/oil bill was massive while most rooms are struggling to reach even 18C and pose a heath risk? The previous...
Replies
Views
J
Quick question: Why dont we insulate the pipes in our houses. I know there are more combi out there now so no tanks etc but is there any reason why we dont lag/insulate our hot and cold pipes going to outputs. Is it because these fall in the envelope of the house and dont usually get that...
Replies
Views
dontknowitall
D
Q
Over the weekend the cold water supply to our house burst at the stopcock on the road outside. Scottish Water were quick to attend and promptly dug up the offending section of pipe, and when we got in tonight the cold water was full of silt for a while until it had run through the system...
Replies
Views
T
Questions about smells commonly asked here but never seem to get much of a conclusive answering. Probably because it's quite an investigative process? Two problems: One smell for me, one for neighbour. 1. Me: Downstairs bathroom. Contains: Toilet, basin, shower. Shower is never used, basin...
Replies
Views
ferret
F
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock