Discuss Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmmadman

Hi All

I bought this modern bathroom suite from B&Q and I cannot get the lid off the cistern. The dual flush button is in the lid, I have tried turning the button surround to see if its threaded. I only want to have a look inside and make sure nothing is loose before installing........!!!!

Many thanks..............:)

push one button down lift the other one out , then use screwdriver. ....photo?

get some sticky tape press onto large button and try to pull it clear.
the little button will then slide oif.
then unscrew the screw and lift lid off.

if its the b and q bog, you need to unscrew the outer ring of the push button mechanism.

I have the same problem I am frightened of breaking something and making it worse did this work for you? Mine is a modern toilet made by SEREL the water keeps running after the flush and I want to get the lid off so I can try and fix it This is my first DIY and I'm a bit intimidated. Help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eileen George, check that the flush pipe is not pushed too far into your cistern, if it is , this will open the flash valve and cause the water to keep running into the pan

she can check flush pipe without getting in. just loosen and pull down about 10mm and see if that helps.

Sorry loosen what? The top has a circle around two push down things I've tried to undo the circle bit but it doesn't seem to be unscrewing the lid is tight on and I'm afraid of breaking it - Thanks I do appreciate any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Wonder if anyone can help with this one. I have a toilet bought from B&Q about 7 years ago which has a push button dual flush and a cistern which...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Have been asked to find a spare chrome (dual flush) push button for this wc cistern. Have sent off an email to manufacturer, but does anyone...
Replies
Views
B
First off ... I am not a plumber, and not even someone with any expertise in plumbing at all ... I do struggle with the DIY jobs that involve...
Replies
Views
B
B
Hi all I'm having a few problems with the above - the old valve was leaking causing it to overflow so I went to buy a new valve to replace it...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
J
Hi all, Got very close to fitting my first toilet at the weekend, but could do with getting a couple of questions answered to get me over the...
Replies
Views
defendertd5
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock