Discuss Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, it has SEREL on the side but I can't see any more information I can phone the shop I bought it from and ask if this isn't enough information it has two push down things on the top which are sort of half circle and fit into a silver coloured round ring I thought this is probably a common problem and I'd be able to find a video link or something on how to repair it I don't want to make things worse I'm in Australia would that make any difference? Thanks again for trying to help

The only web link I could find was to offices in Turkey. Couldn't download any images of products.

the flush pipe is the pipe between the cistern and the toilet pan where the water drops through, try undoing the plastic nut under the cistern and gently pulling the pipe down about 10mm. that might be enough to stop it opening the flush valve. make sure you dont get any drips frome the other end of the pipe at the toilet pan tho.

Thanks guys but the cistern fits right on top of the toilet there are no pipes visable it's a lovely tidy job but I can't get into the bloomin cistern I'll find my courage and phone the shop I bought it from at the weekend thanks again

Oh dear I think i have done this one, do you mean it is one of those over stylish ones where you cant see the pan connector, if so the serel one , you have to take the toilet out to get the cistern off as it sounds like you have a faulty drop valve , I would call a plumber as it can be a total pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Wonder if anyone can help with this one. I have a toilet bought from B&Q about 7 years ago which has a push button dual flush and a cistern which...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Have been asked to find a spare chrome (dual flush) push button for this wc cistern. Have sent off an email to manufacturer, but does anyone...
Replies
Views
B
First off ... I am not a plumber, and not even someone with any expertise in plumbing at all ... I do struggle with the DIY jobs that involve...
Replies
Views
B
B
Hi all I'm having a few problems with the above - the old valve was leaking causing it to overflow so I went to buy a new valve to replace it...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
J
Hi all, Got very close to fitting my first toilet at the weekend, but could do with getting a couple of questions answered to get me over the...
Replies
Views
defendertd5
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock