Discuss Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes please don't tell me the whole toilet has got to come out just because the cistern is dripping after I flush! This near to Christmas I can't afford to get a plumber out for a job like that

Whoever invented bogs like this wants shooting.

Quite agree - designed by a spotty teenager no doubt or at least by someone who doesn't think there's any more boom and bust - ie it won't ever go wrong.

find an identical drop valve is the only answer to not pulling out the whole thing. Either that or float valve needs adjusting.

Yes please don't tell me the whole toilet has got to come out just because the cistern is dripping after I flush! This near to Christmas I can't afford to get a plumber out for a job like that

oh, come on.

plumbers need xmas pressies too.

Might I be allowed to suggest keeping a bucket of water next to the WC? Then you can pay for a plumber after Xmas.

:)

I can't find an exact whatever it was as I can't get into the cistern to do anything it's all sealed up and thanks for the bucket suggestion We get charged for all the water we use and I can hear my money just running literally down the toilet I'm going to summon up my courage and talk to the guys I bought it off surely no one would sell a toilet with no access thanks for your thoughts

either unscrew silver ring with buton as said or use a screwdriver and push one button down and pop the other one out then unscrew the white screw.

Thanks, it's Monday morning here now so I'll try and pluck up my courage and give it a go on Saturday wish me luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Carn't Get Cistern Lid Off New Bog in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Wonder if anyone can help with this one. I have a toilet bought from B&Q about 7 years ago which has a push button dual flush and a cistern which...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Have been asked to find a spare chrome (dual flush) push button for this wc cistern. Have sent off an email to manufacturer, but does anyone...
Replies
Views
B
First off ... I am not a plumber, and not even someone with any expertise in plumbing at all ... I do struggle with the DIY jobs that involve...
Replies
Views
B
B
Hi all I'm having a few problems with the above - the old valve was leaking causing it to overflow so I went to buy a new valve to replace it...
Replies
Views
Henno82
H
J
Hi all, Got very close to fitting my first toilet at the weekend, but could do with getting a couple of questions answered to get me over the...
Replies
Views
defendertd5
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock