Discuss Combined vent and cold feed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys
Is it normal for the cold feed pipe from the f&e tank to be combined with the open vent?
The cold feed connects to a 22mm tee one end is the vent the other cold feed to rads
I thought the vent connects to ch flow and the feed to ch return?

Thanks in advance

It's one way it was done a few years ago .
I'm personally not a fan as you tend to have to fill up slowly to prevent air locks.
You would only have vent on flow cold feed on return on a old gravity system.
Most tank feed fully pumped systems were connected using a close coupled method ie boiler flow open vent tee then cold feed normally within 150mm often in a H section.

Reply to Combined vent and cold feed in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and just some background on myself. I have 4 years experience as a plumber but haven't worked in the trade in 15 years. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock