Discuss Erp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What are guys making of this energy rating scheme thats coming in for all appliances ,cylinders ,rads etc?

To me mainly thinking another headache for us simply because yet again joe bloggs builder who illegally installs , or mr bobajob who will install new rads will simply ignore this leaving it all left on us.

Or am i way off the mark with this?

I'm intrigued what the implications will be. It's been rolled out but no real in depth explanation for installers

Theirs a seminar being put on all over the country, might be worth going to.

I know plumb centre are releasing an app and offering help to installers all over the country for this .

No sorry Mate, I'll pick up a leaflet on Monday if I have time.

They had about 30 venues written on the flyer so would imagine one would be near by

Just when I thought all my A rated bulbs where good ,they bring out A** rating .
" A process of continuous improvement "
Others call it Moving the Goal Posts !

( Thanks for Link AW )

Think you need over ten posts before you can post

Going to bump his thread, I have managed to miss all the Plumb seminars, has anyone seen any others anywhere, think it goes live 25th September and I know very little about it!

I'm in the same boat, there was a seminar 10 mins from a job I had, but things inevitably overran and I missed it.

I've tried reading on the interweb but can't make much sense of it. I can't view the video on the back site right now, my mobile data isn't good enough. I'll try when I've got wifi.

I've seen plenty of advice for retailers but not much specific to the install side.

The video was good and explained the very basics but a little bit more would help. Not much I could find on the Internet - reckon there must be more about it soon, just a bit irritated I missed all those seminars. Ah well hopefully all will become closer at some point!

The video was good and explained the very basics but a little bit more would help. Not much I could find on the Internet - reckon there must be more about it soon, just a bit irritated I missed all those seminars. Ah well hopefully all will become closer at some point!
I wouldnt worry about it no one is going to care and it will be policed as thoroughly as benchmark and all the other equally pointless schemes. No one is policing water and gas regulations properly let alone this latest rubbish Which wont ever potentialy put someones health or safety at risk.
Waste of time.

I do feel the same, but at the same time it would be nice to be informed about it! It's just another headache isn't it.

Of course we could always ask GS ! because they will know all about it, lol just like everything else, answer you will get is ' Its a bit of a gray area ' so you decide what to do ! no doubt more rubbish from the EU

Right, to put a bit of a flip on this. I went on the glowworm/Vaillant presentation about the ERP yesterday. It would seem that their club energy and vaillant advance apps make the whole process very easy. Have any other manufacturers put anything similar in place yet??????

Right, to put a bit of a flip on this. I went on the glowworm/Vaillant presentation about the ERP yesterday. It would seem that their club energy and vaillant advance apps make the whole process very easy. Have any other manufacturers put anything similar in place yet??????

I think thats only true if you fit all their kit. Which is exactly what they are trying to promote.

The issues are likely to arise if you fit a Vaillant boiler, with a megaflo unvented and honeywell controls.

Ideally, someone will produce a third party app which brings together all the industry standard stuff.

The Glowworm app definitely takes it all into account the only bit of extra work is that you have to add the 3rd party figures/stats yourself but it's only like 3 or 4 boxes to fill in

I was also told that cylinders would have their own ERP rating. Oh god!!!! Confused again now

Don't even worry about it customer won't be none wiser anyhow does anyone loom at the same sticker on your new fridge ?????

Nah course you don't

I agree with Hammers. For new build and HA work, it will be an issue, and maybe for the odd tree-hugger.

I don't imagine anyone else will give a rats bum.

I totally agree with you Ray My problem is I have this uncanny knack of working for people that ask for things like this so not doing it and getting the earache is a strong likelihood. I blooming hate customers

I totally agree with you Ray My problem is I have this uncanny knack of working for people that ask for things like this so not doing it and getting the earache is a strong likelihood. I blooming hate customers

Could be worse Matt. You might be in Brighton, where the tree-huggers make up a majority! :)

Give it 6 months and GS will add it to our exams!!? Bit more money for them!

went to a seminar and listened to the bits I want. So my take was most boilers are circa 90% eff, the controls I fit are basic and only add one point and don't move the combined boiler/controls out of the category its already in. Then im trying to catch the eye of the guy giving out free beer tokens and sort of missed the rest

Give it 6 months and GS will add it to our exams!!? Bit more money for them!
They are already talking about changing the bandings for efficiencys within the erp initiative so in 6 months it will likeky have changed again. Gas safe wont get involved in it. The training sites might try and flog a course on it for a hefty sum full of information available from manufacturers or the net for free, as per the norm.

To generate labels and fiches, The official 'free' site is here:
ELG - European Commission

And for packages (boiler, controls etc ) ELG - European Commission

There are also labels for combis from the space heating link on the label generator page

Want to know all about it? Go here: https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/topics/energy-efficiency/energy-efficient-products

We've been on a number of different manufacturers training courses, and they are all pretty simple, there again, we'll get audited every year, and they'll check that we are issuing them, coz that's the way MCS works...

Manufacturers have a legal obligation to make it simple for installers, so expect instructions, / apps / websites from all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Erp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock