Search the forum,
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 593K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to ring Heat Team about this as I had never come across something like this before. They confirmed that you can have a maximum of 5 meters drop on the flue, taking off a meter per elbow. So this is actually ok. But my god does it look dodgy!

DSC_2674.jpg

This might be ok, I didn't actually go to this property I just noticed it on my travels and took a pic.

DSC_2553.jpg
tell you what looks iffy to me thats a standard efficiency performa with what appears to be a high efficiency plume kit

me too sj deffo. flue on to neighbours prop. no wonder they built extension pmsl. sick of plumage

Last one i had like that turned into a 12month legal battle as the council had actually signed of the extension 6 months earlier

aparantly the boiler has been like it for 4 years and it was all working ok, got southern gas out to replace guvoner as wp at meter was low, i put boiler down as ar, after southern gas had been just for the teermination, i looked into getting a plume kit which ideal aparantly make but was told it is obselite, dont think the customer will do anything about it but at least i have covered myself

No plastic within 1 metre of boiler......yeah right more like no copper anywhere near boiler
5208160b-e19e-05ec.jpg

A diy boiler decommissioning....
5208160b-e1ed-1137.jpg

Yep that's the old balanced flue blocked with cardboard held on with filler. And a circle of card in the centre. Gas pipe is also seen isolated only with isolated valve. This was in a takeaway.

Mmm nice clean kitchen taps.....
5208160b-e2a8-df33.jpg

Dirty eh? Guess what... Same takeaway.....
Would you like something to eat? No bloody chance i.ve just reinstated hot water supply to the kitchen after 4 weeks. They only rang me after a health inspection.
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't really see those pictures, tapatalk seems to upload very very low resolution photos (100x100 or less)

went to a job friday. as a speedfit coupler on the drain-off was leaking.
i recognized the house from a couple of years ago where i helped install the boiler during my so-called-gas-training with a gsr rse.
what do you think?
Photo-0001 (4).jpg

how on earth did he bend that pipe on the right? or is it your handy work

how on earth did he bend that pipe on the right? or is it your handy work

do you mean the pipe that goes into the plastic overflow pipe ? that comes preformed with the boiler its the PRV connection

went to a job friday. as a speedfit coupler on the drain-off was leaking.
i recognized the house from a couple of years ago where i helped install the boiler during my so-called-gas-training with a gsr rse.
what do you think?
View attachment 5311
I'm guesing the suply cable is plugged into a socket below and there isn't any part 'L' observed ... TRV's, room stat programmer that sort of thing :)

I hope you've learned something since your 'training' days REDSAW? :lol:

i recon on the main its prv into the conden pipe,cant see the valiant picture fully though

forget the vailant pic, dont know how it got there.
there are no room stat, the lead is un-fixed and the condense paired to the prv goes 6meters to outside drain pipe with a 22mm speedfit on, straight through a little girls bedroom!.

put this up before, tenant calls for l.l. cert and found as is....

also, cooker point in middle of room un-supported for 2 meters.Photo-0001.jpg

this one of the meter cupboard is in a warden aided complex disabled bungalow.. there all the same council stuff.

Photo-0017 (2).jpg

this is one her dad did 15 years ago and didnt finish it, she says he was corgi.Photo-0002.jpg
and this is previous boiler.Image044.jpg

forget the vailant pic, dont know how it got there.
there are no room stat, the lead is un-fixed and the condense paired to the prv goes 6meters to outside drain pipe with a 22mm speedfit on, straight through a little girls bedroom!.

Shockin! Probably done the job at a 'snip' 3k! NOT!!!

2nd attempt at posting better pics

5208160b-166a-b4bc.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

can't understand it....uploaded larger images before and i can't do it now.

went to a burst pipe today , asked me to look at boiler as they thought it needed a service. found this when i asked woman of house who fitted it she replied brother in law 4 years ago. o right whats he do - "oo hes a proffesional plumber" o right is he gas safe or was he corgi . then i get that look through you look. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0540[1].jpg
    IMG_0540[1].jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 688
went to a burst pipe today , asked me to look at boiler as they thought it needed a service. found this when i asked woman of house who fitted it she replied brother in law 4 years ago. o right whats he do - "oo hes a proffesional plumber" o right is he gas safe or was he corgi . then i get that look through you look. lol

There seems to be a lack of pipes there bod :) As well as the flexi's and 15mm gas, where's the prv pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock