Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)
  • Thread starter Barry98
  • Start date
  • Replies 3K
  • Views 594K

Discuss HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
69bcf66472f483e1d459fbc976380634.jpg

98e2cacb68a9c3945f935a7856ca4340.jpg

over rated those hanging brackets, and straight flues !

It was a shocking install, boiler mounted on some sort of conti board approx 8 mm thick.
Unvented tank in the middle of loft on mdf base.
The 24i system boiler was wired in wth only a switched live, but had perm live taped up inside the boiler wiring centre.
It was installed by a large local company with a gr8 reputation.
I AR the installation and told the cust to inform gas safe

Worcester Junior, weapon of choice for the bodging brigades.

I'd consider IDing that if only one side of the boiler is hanging on the jig, myself.

I love forward thinking installers....cant get the immersion stat out..

Attachments

• IMG_5449.jpg
    IMG_5449.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 273
It was a shocking install, boiler mounted on some sort of conti board approx 8 mm thick.
Unvented tank in the middle of loft on mdf base.
The 24i system boiler was wired in wth only a switched live, but had perm live taped up inside the boiler wiring centre.
It was installed by a large local company with a gr8 reputation.
I AR the installation and told the cust to inform gas safe

It wasn't in London by any chance was it?

No I work in London. It looks just like a job I looked think at 2 or 3 week ago

I love forward thinking installers....cant get the immersion stat out..

Got to try to fit in time to sort pipework on a megaflow at a house bash where the installer had the same idea.
Customer has paid for one fix fee from manufacturer, they think it is thermostat but as they cant change it. (At a cost of £220 ) hes also got to pay to have it moved first.

No I work in London. It looks just like a job I looked think at 2 or 3 week ago

That picture brings back memory's , I used to subby for kingspan/tribune years ago I have seen that so many times, when the cylinder is indirect and the immersion heater is a back up it's potentially not a massive problem , when it's direct and the stats are tosh it's a rather big job.

Install by a very large UK company. Spot the 2 glaring things. Couldn't quite believe what they had done here.

Not to mention all pipework running through loft, none insulated.

http://i.*********/MIYBdAh.jpg

Got it with the first 2. They sawed all of the truss out, save 2 little stumps either end.

The house won't fall down as luckily the outriggers will support it too.

I'd like to see their reaction if she complained about it and wanted it fixed :lol:

Who needs a heating manifold?

Was asked to rip out this mess and fit a UFH Manifold. Didnt even have its own pump was running off the same circuit as the radiators

Who needs a heating manifold?

Was asked to rip out this mess and fit a UFH Manifold. Didnt even have its own pump was running off the same circuit as the radiators

A work of art, should be in the museum 10 out of 10 for trying, look the same number of connections on the left and the right

Last edited by a moderator:
1a7c13896fb48b65e7e80afb6e2eb106.jpg

The lad I was working with today pointed this one out. Only put in two weeks ago! He definitely has better eyesight than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to HALL of SHAME PHOTo`s in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon all, First time posting on this site. I’m need of some opinions from Gas engineers if possible. My house is 1930s (I think). I...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs...
Replies
Views
We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock