Discuss How to make builder's opening smaller in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

kasser

Gas Engineer
I've got an inset fire which is slightly too big for the opening - the seals can't press against the front.
How can I reduce the opening by a couple of cm either side? I think just mortar/fire cement won't be strong enough as the seals will be pressing against it. The mortar may crack too...

Cement board ?

Reply to How to make builder's opening smaller in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Back