Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Internal reducer help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lewissv

Hi, I am fitting a towel rail in place of a radiator. I had to use an internal reducer (15mm-10mm) to connect up the pipes to the towel rail.
When I filled up the system again both valves were leaking.
Do I also need to use a 15mm olive on this?
At the moment I have;
the copper heating pipe, with the smaller reducer on it. Then the small olive, then the larger reducer (which fits inside the bottom of the towel rail valve). I think this is where I may have messed up, do I need a 15mm olive in there too?

Thanks,

You should have one reducer in the rad valve that's a appropriate for the pipe size. It replaces the olive in the valve.
Sometimes you have to tighten the nut on the valve until you hear a little click. It feels like you're over tightening it but you're not.

Thanks Mushybees, I have tried that and one valve is fine now. But I have dropped the reducer for the other valve and it has disappeared under the floorboards - looks like it is lost forever! Back to the plumb shop tomorrow for supplies then I can finish the job - and a lesson learnt - cover up any holes as they will attract the essential fittings needed for the job!
Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Internal reducer help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a late 1990s new-build house with a small bore (about 1/2" OD pipes) gas fired boiler central heating system. All the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a leak on the live side of one of my rads, in the GF loo. Its a condensing combi system, the house is only 5 years old, so fairly new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock