Discuss Removing a stubborn tap valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The valves should come out relatively easy, luckily you have a deck mixer which keeps the bath tap solid allowing more leverage on the valves! I would use my large 12" Bahco spanner.

http://youtu.be/TGF39ReBrj0

Notice the video stopped and restarted at the critical moment. The slipping spanner and swearing was cut out. He then went to the van and got a socket to loosen it then pretended

can't do that redraw (remove the taps etc) . They are fitted against a wall - see photo. If I could remove the taps Id probably just renew them.

it may be redraw if the deapthroats didnt work¬¬¬pmsl

Crowfoot spanner then a back nut spanner if not junior hacksaw if they're plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing a stubborn tap valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm...
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, trying to replace a Victorian mixer tap head for bath as old one getting stiff. I've got cap off and taken screw out however can't remove...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have this monobloc basin mixer tap in my bathroom. It was installed 11 years ago, but the hot valve has started to drip from the top...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock