Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Should i use Ptfe tape? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Firstly im fitting some basin taps, ive now got the washers. Should i use ptfe tape on the basin tap tails/extension threads? If i should how much should i put on?

Thanks Andrew.

I presume you have flexi pipes connecting to the taps like this:

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/flexible-tap-connector-with-valve-15mm-x-x-300mm/3558g

Flexible tap connectors have a rubber washer and PTFE tape is not needed.

No they are 1/2 extenders because the new taps have shorter tails. When i put them on without the fibre washers they were leaking, sorted the washers now.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20211117_084704.jpg
    20211117_084704.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 13

Reply to Should i use Ptfe tape? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Both Tiny leak on bot new fits on the metal nuts. Did i use too much ptfe tape. I used 2 wrap arounds. The nuts won't tighten anymore. Could i...
Replies
Views
I'm at the stage of my shower replacement where I have a new shower head to screw into the wall pipes. I tried it, turned on the shower, and find...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the cistern to put an O-ring...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock