Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Soldered gate valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi Friends

Got a dripping gate valve to fix/swap.

It 22mm and soldered on.

I don't think there's any issues in cutting in out and putting a modern one on etc.

Never seen one soldered on so I hope I'm not missing anything.

It's in an airing cupboard.

Hope all is well.

Rct

Leaking from the guts?
try changing them out.

if cut you'll be fine cutting a new one in, just makesure you have imperial converters incase

Pleasure.
The soldered gatevalves I've found have mainly been on 3/4 pipe.

i like em :D

Older systems you get 1/2, 3/4 and 1. Not seen any 2" need some tube as well. If it's only leaking from gland do as kb suggests and just renovate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soldered gate valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently did some pipe insulating in my loft. The only two I didn't do were the vent pipes. Not sure if that is the right term for them...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock