Search the forum,
  • Thread starter on31ll
  • Start date
  • Replies 462
  • Views 5K

Discuss Woolwich killing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? A certain religion is aloud to carry a knife and ride motorcycles without crash helmets! Now I was lead to believe we are all equal. Just some seem to be more equal than others.
dont mistake this for a racist rant, it's facts.

It's embedded in their beliefs and its been respected by us and them. I don't recall a Sikh stabbing someone with their ceremonial knife. I have no problem with it.

You will always find extremist views. Those Islam militant are extremists and those EDL loons are to. You will find good and bad in everything in lift but sadly some people are intent on finding the bad and shouting about it.

I'll cite religion as an example, many times its been said that priest are kiddy fiddlers and people are stupid to believe in a god. That person has no understand of a persons faith or the huge amount of good done by the people that believe in it.

It's embedded in their beliefs and its been respected by us and them. I don't recall a Sikh stabbing someone with their ceremonial knife. I have no problem with it.

You will always find extremist views. Those Islam militant are extremists and those EDL loons are to. You will find good and bad in everything in lift but sadly some people are intent on finding the bad and shouting about it.

I'll cite religion as an example, many times its been said that priest are kiddy fiddlers and people are stupid to believe in a god. That person has no understand of a persons faith or the huge amount of good done by the people that believe in it.

I will cite religion too
There has been more people killed in the name of religion than any one disease in the world

I will cite religion too
There has been more people killed in the name of religion than any one disease in the world

That's pretty frightening when you think that the 1918 Spanish flu killed upto 5% of the world's population at the time (upto 100 million people) by itself.

so because I've been to EDL marches would you class me as an extremist? Genuine question?
you also believe that people have been brainwashed by the media, I would argue you have to.
as in rather than witness the EDL for yourself and make your own opinion you believe all the rubbish published in the media and make a judgement that way.

just like to say nothing personal with anyone on here but I'm sick of everyone branding everyone that's been with EDL as the same, the majority are good lads, but as always only the negative will get reported, that's what sells the papers.

im English, I've got no problem whatsoever with foreign people of any race or whatever coming here as long as they respect our history and what we hold dear. I was raised to always respect our heroes and it breaks my heart when people are allowed to abuse them

so because I've been to EDL marches would you class me as an extremist? Genuine question?
you also believe that people have been brainwashed by the media, I would argue you have to.
as in rather than witness the EDL for yourself and make your own opinion you believe all the rubbish published in the media and make a judgement that way.

just like to say nothing personal with anyone on here but I'm sick of everyone branding everyone that's been with EDL as the same, the majority are good lads, but as always only the negative will get reported, that's what sells the papers.

im English, I've got no problem whatsoever with foreign people of any race or whatever coming here as long as they respect our history and what we hold dear. I was raised to always respect our heroes and it breaks my heart when people are allowed to abuse them

I'm not against some of EDLs political views its the neo nazi crap that goes along with it all
If they got rid of that rubbish I do believe there would be a lot more people getting involved
But I served 10 years in army and to see that ****e makes my blood boil

I'm not against some of EDLs political views its the neo nazi crap that goes along with it all
If they got rid of that rubbish I do believe there would be a lot more people getting involved
But I served 10 years in army and to see that ****e makes my blood boil
Yes I know it's so frustrating when you get the divs who spout the rubbish it lets Down the hard work of others. This week has been even harder as EDL has won a lot more support but then you'll get idiots on Facebook saying kick all Muslims out etc and this then gets associated with the views of EDL as a whole, which isn't the case

Bubonic plague (black death) had a couple of good goes as well. But a much smaller global population.

I still think a single dedicated politics thread (maybe one for religion also) is the way forward for this forum - in the 'Arms. Keep any differences of opinion within them and don't let it affect the general good natured banter between members on the open forum. We're all big enough and ugly enough to accept we may not agree on politics and religion and that it's not a good enough reason for anyone to continue bearing personal grudges outside the said (proposed) dedicated threads.

Maybe just one single thread entitled something like 'News, Politics & Religion', then we can also discuss current affairs or latest news events all in one place.

never knew that ,
never sure tho if its a good thing tampering with nature sometimes think as nasty as some things are its there for a reason

I will cite religion too

Yes indeed. But we've moved on from that so I hardly think that is a relevant point.

never knew that ,
never sure tho if its a good thing tampering with nature sometimes think as nasty as some things are its there for a reason

Very true, especially when the countries affected by Malaria deaths can't feed the population they have now.

This thread has already gone wildly off-topic at times so why not just change the title to the one I proposed? That's if everyone agrees like?

No I wouldn't class you as an extremist. But i base my opinion on what I've read about the EDL what ive been told and what I've seen

I wouldn't go to an EDL meeting as I have no interest in what they stand for and who leads them.

Who are our heros and who abuses them?

I will cite religion too

If its wasn't religion, it would be something else.

There seems to be something in human nature that makes us essentially tribal, and prone to ganging up with "people like us" to kill, maim, rape and rob "those others".

Religion has been one rallying cry, but there have been others. More recently we have done the same thing in pursuit of political ideology - Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot - they all killed millions. In Mao and Stalin's case, tens of millions. In the past, the likes of Tamerlane and Genghis Khan killed hundreds of thousands and millions respectively, pretty much for just "not being like us".

I don't have the stats to hand, but I think that the plague, malaria, sleeping sickness, spanish flu and cholera have all done their bit to keep the population in check.

No I wouldn't class you as an extremist. But i base my opinion on what I've read about the EDL what ive been told and what I've seen

I wouldn't go to an EDL meeting as I have no interest in what they stand for and who leads them.

Who are our heros and who abuses them?

The soldiers on there homecoming parades being harassed and verbally abused by Islamic extremists
The soldier brutally butchered by Islamic extremists on a British street

If its wasn't religion, it would be something else.

There seems to be something in human nature that makes us essentially tribal, and prone to ganging up with "people like us" to kill, maim, rape and rob "those others".

Religion has been one rallying cry, but there have been others. More recently we have done the same thing in pursuit of political ideology - Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot - they all killed millions. In Mao and Stalin's case, tens of millions. In the past, the likes of Tamerlane and Genghis Khan killed hundreds of thousands and millions respectively, pretty much for just "not being like us".

I don't have the stats to hand, but I think that the plague, malaria, sleeping sickness, spanish flu and cholera have all done their bit to keep the population in check.

Malaria and diarrhoea are the two biggest killers I believe.

The soldiers on there homecoming parades being harassed and verbally abused by Islamic extremists
The soldier brutally butchered by Islamic extremists on a British street

This is the extreme and is unacceptable but are you really more concerned about this or

1) we pay nurses a pittance
2) are old people cant get enough heat in their homes in the winter
3) we have more homeless service people on our streets than ever
4) loads of other things

We tend to focus on the wrong things, mainly encouraged by the media.

Everyone should stop what they're doing for just a second and take a look at what the British government are doing while everyone is distracted by this soldier killing incident.

They love nothing more than for you to be distracted while they go about 'their business'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Woolwich killing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock