Discuss Chlorination of 63mm mdpe incoming cold mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sharp Point

Evening folks, I'm about to commence work on a 8 bed new build dwelling, the custard has just emailed me, asking if i know anything about how the incoming mains from road( about 130 metre run). Is it a requirement before or after Anglian water connect it in the road? I've carried out chlorination of schools in the past ( very boring job) but how is it carried out pre or post connection? Do you need a special qualification to sign off a clean out?

Thanks

Evening folks, I'm about to commence work on a 8 bed new build dwelling, the custard has just emailed me, asking if i know anything about how the incoming mains from road( about 130 metre run). Is it a requirement before or after Anglian water connect it in the road? I've carried out chlorination of schools in the past ( very boring job) but how is it carried out pre or post connection? Do you need a special qualification to sign off a clean out?

Thanks

dont the water board do it after they tap in?

flush n go, its domestic isnt it? dont suppose your storing cold water in a new build

i would just get a firm in once the main is in and ready to flush, they will supply the test certificate needed for the water board.

I think you & your customer are in for a bit of a shock unless things have changed in the last few years. Once you go over 50mm on mains the pipes need to be swobbed out by pulling a chlorine soaked rag through the whole length of it. The trench will need to remain open until they come & inspect it, thats all before they make the connection.

Just had a look at snowheads link, oh yes forgot about the samples as well, as others have said get a firm in but be prepared for a hefty bill.

Can you self-cert the internal stuff ? otherwise you may want to check out the water supplies T&Cs, Thames wanted min 10 working days to come & inspect the completed install, then up to 21 days before they would do the connection bit of a long time to have a completed house without a water supply (hope they have a temporary supply?

the best thing to do is get friendly with the local inspector and follow whatever advise/ orders he/she gives you.

live n learn, seems a bit ott but rules is rules

Our guys who install the main network on sites have to chlorinate their tools as they work & are not allowed to work if they have some every day infections.
I was not aware of any of this until I started this new job. Every days a school day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chlorination of 63mm mdpe incoming cold mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all This is only about my third/fourth post, so go easy. Also, I'm only an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro... I'm having issues with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
S
Evening peeps, Ive been asked to carry out the work on a 7/8 bed new build, now usually when i do new builds the incoming...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
D
First time posting on here and I am after some help and advice on a project I have ongoing at home - a bit cheeky I know but as they say around...
Replies
Views
U
Hi, I'm looking for some advice as I'm worried my builder / plumber are going to leave me with inadequate plumbing / hot water at the end of a...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock