Discuss Tiny CH Pipes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Not sure what size they are. Seen them once or twice. Friend's house has them feeding all rads. A decorator put a rad back on and the pipe bent double. What's the point/benefit of them?

they will be either 8mm or 10mm the point of them is that they were easy to install.

So if you came across a rad where two 10mm pipes pop straight out of solid floor and tiled floor that they don't want digging up... and one pipe is bent too badly for anything to pass through it, there's no pipe to play with and the nearest rad to tee off is f'ing miles away and they say the rad doesn't work since it was bent...what would you suggest?

Give up I'm guessing. Can you squeeze the pipes back into shape with grips or something?

i would suggest they start looking for tiles cant you get a drop to it? is it all under floor?

I'd be careful how you go. If you remove the radiator and something goes wrong, they might get you to replace everything at your expense. Bending the pipes back into shape probably won't work and might end you in more trouble, e.g. a hole in the pipe if you touch it. Only way, in my opinion, is digging the appropriate floor tile(s) up.

unless you can carefully cut the pipe and pop a coupler on like this for example

Conex Push Fit 270 Straight Coupler 10mm - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

But again if it goes wrong you are digging up the floor

They use 10mm copper as its cheaper, lighter and can be bent easily and accuratley with simple hand benders rather thab the big jobbies for 15mm and 22mm copper

is the rad on a stud wall? can you maybe get access from the adjoining room from beneath the floor boards. if possible this will prevent the need to rip up tiling.

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tiny CH Pipes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
We have taken over and restored the birthplace of Dylan Thomas. A Vailant combi boiler was installed about 20 years ago. There is a 22mm flow...
Replies
Views
swansea jack
S
J
Hi all. This is my first post, so be gentle if I don't follow code. My uncle has just had a new central heating system fitted in his new barn...
Replies
Views
tackleburger
T
R
My partner owns a house which she lived in for 20 years and started renting out 2 years ago. First 2 gas inspections found no problems, but the...
Replies
Views
metaldust9
M
S
Hello, About one year ago I finsihed a two year evening course in plumbing, since then I have not managed to find any work so I am now starting to...
Replies
Views
Rodreguez
R
B
I have had a problem with my heating for quite some time now whereby I have three radiators that do not work at all and one that gets luke warm...
Replies
Views
Bluenose1940
B
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock