Search the forum,

Discuss Worst merchant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Who in your opinion is the worst merchant and branch you have had dealings with? Mine is Plumb Center, Chippenham, Wiltshire. Should give them an award... The Golden Turd.

Plumbcenter slough. Wouldn't let me use the toilet when I had the trots.

The definition of a Merchant would be an individual or organisation that had (popular) goods available in stock for sale.

I hardly think P-C fit that description, so on that basic they should be excluded from this thread.

Williams n Co didn't get ma jelly babies last order hahaha haha

Joking aside don't like Grahams Nationwide

Plumb centre Tottenham. Lazy, arrogant and rude staff. Don't know anything about plumbing products and can't be arsed finding out.

I find City Plumbing hard work and try to avoid them now. Never go near Grahams due to high ÂŁ`s and Like the fact that in Oxford Plumb centre, Build centre, Drain centre etc are all in the same small industrial estate and the guys seem to be ok most of the time.

Anyone been to that small independent plumbers merchants in Isleworth run by Indians, went in there a couple of times as it was right next to a job I was doing. The bloke serving makes you find what you want in a toolstation catalogue as he doesn't know the names of fttings.

Its annoying when u get a plumb centre and drain centre in the same unit. Buy a few copper bits then ask for a 4" fitting only to be told u need to go to drain centre on the next counter and join that que...Ridiculous!

Anyone been to that small independent plumbers merchants in Isleworth run by Indians, went in there a couple of times as it was right next to a job I was doing. The bloke serving makes you find what you want in a toolstation catalogue as he doesn't know the names of fttings.

Wonder if he gets the price to charge you from there to lol

Wonder if he gets the price to charge you from there to lol

Its always more expensive than the catalogue, wouldn't be surprised if that's where he buys his stock from.

Well I must admit the best merchants locally to me is a plumbcenter. It's North Sheilds and the staff are fantastic. I have all my parcels delivered and collected from there I never have an issue and *most prices are awesome. I do treat them civil though and take the odd butty and Xmas tip in

There are 6 other bumbs local and they are pretty much as described

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Yeovil Plumb Center almost exclusively. The staff are great and very knowledgeable.

Worst one I've been is on Berwick St in soho, tried to charge me ÂŁ4 for a 15mm soldered cap. First time I wet my pants in public since I was 4

just priced 3 newbuilds cheapest quote came back from bumcenter:whatchutalkingabout much as I hate to use them I can't afford not to at the moment

Would have asked kindly to speak to woolsey accounts and simply tell them to close my account . We were once shafted by Pts . They overcharged grand or so in fittings one month. We used different branch - terms were not set. ÂŁ7 for 28mm straight. Asked area rep to sort it .... He didn't. Paid account excluding what we were owed.

Told them where to go. Few letters few threats and that was it. Till we did about ÂŁ5k of work in a Travis branch. - they wouldn't pay...... We got paid they still owed money. Not going there again

plumbase industrial in portsmouth,, they only have one bloke in there and he is a village.you end up going and picking your own fittings or wait for an hour while he looks at the computer screen finding the location of the fittings you want..

Think another company I worked for also had issues with pts, we all received email not to use anymore, best I could find out was it was over an invoice.

Branch manager could hit profit margin if they screwed "non native" accounts. Perfectly acceptable within system an no one accountable.

Banned from having an account at Plumbcenter for refusing to pay a ÂŁ40 late payment charge, although as I know all the lads there I still buy some boiler spares from them if they are competitive
Banned from having an account at Travis as I ran up my old mans account when he was in hospital dying of cancer and I tried to get his dream new build finished so he could at least see it before he went, he didn't see it and when the then manager kept sending payment demands to my mother (after me taking a copy of his death cert in to the branch) I had a bit of a word with him. Result was him moved to another branch in a different part of the country and me recieving a letter telling me my custom was not welcome, or something like that
The only time I go into Travis now is to get a bacon roll of my old mates missuss burger van

Would have asked kindly to speak to woolsey accounts and simply tell them to close my account . We were once shafted by Pts . They overcharged grand or so in fittings one month. We used different branch - terms were not set. ÂŁ7 for 28mm straight. Asked area rep to sort it .... He didn't. Paid account excluding what we were owed.

Told them where to go. Few letters few threats and that was it. Till we did about ÂŁ5k of work in a Travis branch. - they wouldn't pay...... We got paid they still owed money. Not going there again

Had a similar thing with Grahams got a quote for 2" galv barrel they came back with a 75% discount so we went with them as the job progressed we needed a load more of said pipe so ordered from Grahams guess what they charged full list price, Told them to do one they wouldn't reduce the price and we ended up closing our account paid what we thought we owed after a couple of months they stopped contacting us never used them again fecking scumbags:cuss:

Made up x2 c/c toilets and basins ready to fit in parish hall Men/Womens, few hours each night. Placed out of the way in the corner. Came back following day, went to move the toilet in the ladies, lifted the lid and it looked like the log flume in there!

Do that to us, and we will deliver it to your next job. Still steamin' :)

I've often wondered what would happen if I actually did turd one out in the display toilets in the merchants. Now I know.

I still think it would be funny to do though. I'm not sure the sales staff would know quite how to react to be honest.

I've often wondered what would happen if I actually did turd one out in the display toilets in the merchants. Now I know.

I still think it would be funny to do though. I'm not sure the sales staff would know quite how to react to be honest.
You could then ask if they had a bidet on display you could also try....product evaluation.

Can I suggest that you try it out at our Petersfield branch?

"Big Paul" has retired from the Iron man circuit, and it's been a while since he last towed a double-decker with his teeth, but I reckon he's still capable of shoving a full size WC pan (complete with steaming content) down a human throat.

Of course, I may be wrong. Bless the scientific method, that tests these things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst merchant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock