Discuss flexi screwed on to iso valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are flexis ok screwed on to iso valves ornis.a 1/2 female to 15mm compression fitting needed? I have filed the end.of a service valve before to give a flatter surface for the rubber. Whats everyone else do in this situation?

if you have filed it flat you should be ok but normally just use a 1/2 male iron

Some of the folk on here use a spare rad valve tail. Guess that's a free solution. :smile:
I prefer to use male straights (or sometimes male bends where more apt) and that means I can put the isolating valves at where I want them - usually lower in a kitchen or basin unit and the male fittings for at the tap flexis.

I've found the tail tap adaptors are too hard for an olive to bite into. Just file a nice face onto the valve (if you've already used up all your male irons...)

Was wanting to fo on to a flexi as it saves on a fitting

Saves on a fitting?? A 1/2" male straight is about 80 pence.
Or a spare rad valve tail is free.
To join onto an isolating valve is using the wrong fitting. The olive and nut you discard were there for a reason.
I wouldn't waste my time filing a valve

Swings and roundabouts for me. Screwing the flexi straight onto a ballofix is not correct but it works and using ballofix > stub of copper > male iron > flexi is adding 2 more joints which have the potential to leak and doesn't look as neat, so as I say it 6 of one half a dozen the other.

2 more joints done correctly though, do it the other way and you haven`t got a leg to stand on if it fails at anytime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to flexi screwed on to iso valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I...
Replies
Views
Hi folks I need to fit a kitchen monobloc tap temporarily. A new sink unit will be going in soon so this will just be a stop gap. The current...
Replies
Views
S
I am fitting a new shower valve, it has 1/2 inch compression female in/outlets. I am using a 1/2 in ch to 15mm elbow to get me into my copper...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I need to order a flexible pipe to connect this vessel up with. The pressure vessel instructions don't mention the thread size? A 22mm...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock