Discuss Woolwich killing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol what ever you think big lad

Actually mate, Afghanistan never did pose an international terrorist threat. After driving the USSR out the Taliban were quite happily oppressing their own people and growing opium. The only reason Afghanistan got dragged into the so-called "war on terror" was because Bin Laden was hiding there. The US could easily have sent in the Navy Seals to take him out without "bombing them back to the stone age" as Dubya so charmingly described it.

By bombing and invading Afghanistan and Iraq on false pretences, the US and UK have given ammunition to the radicals. They now have fuel for their rhetoric and examples of how the western infidels are attacking Islam. And that is how home-grown British Muslims become radicalised, non-Muslims become converted, and the cycle is perpetuated.

Actually mate, Afghanistan never did pose an international terrorist threat. After driving the USSR out the Taliban were quite happily oppressing their own people and growing opium. The only reason Afghanistan got dragged into the so-called "war on terror" was because Bin Laden was hiding there. The US could easily have sent in the Navy Seals to take him out without "bombing them back to the stone age" as Dubya so charmingly described it.

By bombing and invading Afghanistan and Iraq on false pretences, the US and UK have given ammunition to the radicals. They now have fuel for their rhetoric and examples of how the western infidels are attacking Islam. And that is how home-grown British Muslims become radicalised, non-Muslims become converted, and the cycle is perpetuated.

I agree with everything you said there mate but not the immediate threat bit
And also the opium was and is the money for these terrorist

I do Believe That everyone has a right to live there own lives there own beliefs but not when it comes to threatening and violence just for living the way we live
I hate bullying and intimidation of any kind
And from what little knowledge I have radical Islam is full of it

Now I'm sure that there are good Muslims and bad. But does anyone in here actually know about the religion in full? Devout Muslims are a different kettle of fish, not all are radicals obviously.
Look up there full practises and then comment. And before anyone starts on me in not suggesting mass deportation of a religion. Know your facts in full, lovey dovey sugar coating isn't always the best way forward.

Hmmm i kinda agree but well over 50% of the opium in the uk weather it be pure or cut down has come from afghanistan ! But it does t really need to be invaded to stop that !

The Taliban banned poppy cultivation in July 2000. This year Afghanistan is expecting a record opium crop.

Lol you mean they said they did

The Talibans' anti narcotics officers would imprison poppy farmers until they agreed to destroy their crops and grow something else. The Taliban leader, Mullah Omah banned poppy growing and even augmented it with a religious edict making it contrary to the tenets of Islam.

As for 'who said it' - the UN Drug Control Program did. They sent a team, in early 2001, to Afghanistan to check out what impact the Afghan poppy crops were having on the world's supply of heroin and found that under the Taliban it had all but been completely erradicated.

With American help later that year the poppy farmers were back in business.

The Talibans' anti narcotics officers would imprison poppy farmers until they agreed to destroy their crops and grow something else. The Taliban leader, Mullah Omah banned poppy growing and even augmented it with a religious edict making it contrary to the tenets of Islam.

As for 'who said it' - the UN Drug Control Program did. They sent a team, in early 2001, to Afghanistan to check out what impact the Afghan poppy crops were having on the world's supply of heroin and found that under the Taliban it had all but been completely erradicated.

With American help later that year the poppy farmers were back in business.

Lol so it's America that's the opium/ heroin dealers sorry I didn't know that

So my mates that have served in Afghanistan in last few years where lying to me when they say they saw first hand that the farmers are payed more for the opium crops by the Taliban than they could make growing crops
And the millions the American DEA spend burning crops is just make belive
Have you been to Afghanistan to see it first hand or are you just reading this rubbish

Keefy you belive what you want and ill belive what I want simple

"some people believe that certain parties benefited from the price increase during the ban. Some even believe it was a form of Market manipulation on the part of certain drug lords. Dried opium, unlike most agricultural products, can easily be stored for long periods without refrigeration or other expensive equipment. With huge stashes of opium stored in secret hideaways. Taliban, and other groups became involved in the drug trade were in theory able to make huge personal profits during the price spikes after the 2000 ban and the chaos following 9/11.[SUP][17][/SUP][SUP][18][/SUP] "

I have no idea how this thread ended up on poppy production. But the Taliban were and are the worlds biggest drug dealers. I'm sure the Yanks and us too have been useless and probably corrupt and made the situation worse, but the Taliban are filth and people shouldn't forget it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Woolwich killing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock