Search the forum,

Discuss Worst sayings and best come-backs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Was thinking earlier of the most annoying sayings from jack the lad builders/ plumbers/ electricians and the best comebacks,

i'll with a couple I thought of, feel free to add your own,
1. I forgot more then you know!!
Well your memory must be pretty bad as I know a hell of a lot!!

2. Don't you know the 6 "P's"
yeah- proper plumbers preach p155 poor performance

Pretty poor I know but let's see if there are any better ones??

Don`t need you to tell me, I`ve fitted 100`s of these!

Yeah! Well you carry on mate and we are gonna meet again before the warranty runs out!

Actually happened today!!!

Was thinking earlier of the most annoying sayings from jack the lad builders/ plumbers/ electricians and the best comebacks,

i'll with a couple I thought of, feel free to add your own,
1. I forgot more then you know!!
Well your memory must be pretty bad as I know a hell of a lot!!

2. Don't you know the 6 "P's"
yeah- proper plumbers preach p155 poor performance

Pretty poor I know but let's see if there are any better ones??

Ay? Number 2 is bit rubbish

Do you know what your doing ? Nope do you?

What's that - none of your business

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you got a 1/2" x 15 x 2000 flexi hose mate?!

I need a sheet of 8'x4' ply......

sorry mate we've only git 4'x8'. Happened in B&Q. The mrs had to drag me away!

Quick open the door Jill the gas mans here.

customer opens door

hello there rob from bt come to install your landline

customer we dint order that

im only playing I'm here to gloss the door frames..

that used to go down well and warm people up for decent chat and an extra biscuit with my tea

When I was a boy my boss used to refer to me as

wet behind the ears and green as grass.

untill a while in I finally managed to come back with im about as green as I am grass and let's not forget what you know about plumbing could be written on the back of a postage stamp

"Do you want a bag for that?"
"No thanks i've got one at home!"......followed by six seconds of silence before the penny drops.

If you want my come back you'll have to scrape it off the back of your mums teeth.

not my come back line it's jimmy carr's

but after the day ive had this thread has cheered me up.

thanks jase

Don`t need you to tell me, I`ve fitted 100`s of these!

Yeah! Well you carry on mate and we are gonna meet again before the warranty runs out!

Actually happened today!!!

As a follow on, went to a job today and 2 guys there were fitting out a new en-suite bathroom. I noticed a very slight error re the sani install and they were both great about it.

There's those that don't know, and then there's those that know that they don't know

"if you want it done any rougher, you'll have to do it yourself"

"a run away horse wont stop to look at it"

personal favourite:

"hows my pipe work look?"

"a blind man would be pleased to see it"

Doing a saniflo service................

Cor your hoover pongs!

No madam thats not my hoover that`s your shyte!

-Pipework's a bit ****ed isn't it?
-What makes you think I'm not?

-You planning on finishing today?
-You planning on any dangerous foreign travel?

-There's black water all over my carpet.
-No charge

-This doesn't look very good!
-You're hardly open-casket material yourself you jizz-slipper

Why don't you **** off back to your office p1rck.

Why don't you walk straight to your car and save your boss the phone call. Get off my site now.

Are you taking the p**s out of me....no you dont need any help your doing fine on your own!

Heavy plumber I worked with when ribbed about his weight replied..Its your mums fault every time I pop round for a quickie she gives me a biscuit before I leave......
regards Turnpin:punk:

I am normally brusque but polite to tele-sales people, on the grounds that at least they have a job, and aren't on benefits. However, there is a particular type of know-it-all tele-sales person who really gets on my t1ts. I reserve this response for them.

Me: "I will buy your product/service, if you can answer one question to my satisfaction"

Them: "Ok, whats the question?"

Me: "If you know so much more than me about whats best for my business, how come I'm running it, and you still have a **** job in telesales?"

Them: "Click. bbbrrrrrrrrrr....."

What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so.

I think the brains part of the sperm ran down your Mum's leg !

"it was alright before you touched it" "so it was" depends how such sarcasm you can intone in your voice

I was pestered by PPI people on the mobile and got to know the numbers they called on. I started answering them...

"Hello Gas emergency!"

Hello this isn't a sales call.

This is a gas emergency line, what is your emergency!

Click....................

it was alright before you touched it!!

I must have the magic touch!!

Theres no ii in team
But theres 5 in individual brilliance

:)

got asked by some half wit yesterday as i rolled up in the landy do they have many radiators up mountains then

no more than you have brain cells was the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worst sayings and best come-backs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new here so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm having a hell of a time with my bath drain cover. I just wanted to take it off to get a better look at whether the P-Trap was dry. So I unscrewed it. And it won't come off, but neither will it screw back down! Now I just want to...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock